Apple: Cupertino, California — Apple today introduced an all-new iPad Air — the most powerful, versatile, and
Let me tell you about my latest kitchen gadget, it’s one that I’d been eying for a while and finally decided to pick up.
The Farberware 7 in 1 Programmable Pressure Cooker is a handy electric pressure cooker. I’ve owned pressure cookers for years, but they
were always the usual stovetop variety which involved quite a bit of work to use it as you had to watch for it to reach maximum pressure and then reduce heat, etc.
This pressure cooker, you just plug it in, load up the food you are cooking and select your mode and time to cook.
Once done, it switches to
keep warm mode, just like a slow cooker does, in fact, there’s even a slow cooker mode if you want your food to take longer to cook, or you can use the delayed start mode to have it turn on at a later time and start cooking.
The food this cooks is fall off the bone tasty.
It does involve a little playing to figure out all the right settings, for example searing.
When you sear meat before adding liquids, you have to use the right oils. Olive oil is a huge no no as it doesn’t have a high smoke point and once it reaches the high heat will just start exploding out of the pot, so you want to use either canola oil, avocado oil or coconut oil.
That’s a general rule for all pressure cookers, so keep that in mind.
One of my favourite pressure cooker dishes is chicken breast, I add a cup of chicken broth, half a cup of water, some salt, some pepper, some paprika and garlic and top it off with some lemon juice and let it cook.
All I had to do was set it to the
chicken mode, and leave it at the default time of 20 minutes. Once done, it went to
keep warm mode and made tasty chicken.
I give this pressure cooker a 10, and highly recommend you grab one for your kitchen.
- 6 Quart Capacity: Ideal for families or groups of 4-6 people
- 9 Preset Cooking Functions: Allowing you to enjoy your favourite meals with the push of a button.
- Safety Pressure Release Valve: Automatically releases pressure from inside the pressure cooker when the pressure levels become too high. This safety feature not only protects you, but also your food!
- Stainless Steel Construction: Crafted from premium stainless steel, you can rest assured that you will be able to use this pressure cooker for many years to come.
- LED Display: Making it simple to read the menus and make the right selections.
Shop This Post
- You can find the The Farberware 7 in 1 Programmable Pressure Cooker on Amazon.com