I’m Roger Stringer, and I’m a full-stack software developer / DevOps Engineer, writer, speaker, and foodie in Penticton, British Columbia, Canada.
I’m also a dad, music lover, film buff, comic book collector, camper, and foodie. I spend my spare time building things, doing fun stuff with my daughter, camping in our 1999 Honda Stepwagon, and cooking up new recipes to post on here.
This blog is where I write and share. You will see everything from posts about tech and design, reviews, and food.
I originally started this blog back in 2003, and it’s been around in one form or another since then. Older posts occasionally get cleaned up to keep this blog fresh.
I work heavily with AI models, Twilio, Node.js, PHP, React, Remix, Next.js, Vue, Nuxt, GraphQL, Hasura, NoSQL, APIs, DevOps, and headless integration such as Directus, Strapi, Sanity, Shopify and WordPress, so you’ll see some posts about all of these on here, as well as a variety of other topics.
- I also blog at Coded Geekery, which is a slightly longer form, sometimes more opinionated blog where I share coding tips as well as other useful information.
- I built Chef Brainy, an AI powered recipe generator, give it some ingredients, a cooking style and number of servings and it will generate a recipe for you.
- I built My Room AI, an AI powered interior design app that can take a picture of a room and generate ideas for how it could / should look.
- I wrote the Twilio Cookbook for Pakt Publishing (And the second edition too).
- I wrote Real-Time Twilio and Flybase for apress.
- I built flybase.io, a real-time backend database platform.
This site is currently running on Remix with Directus acting as a headless CMS and hosted on Vercel.
All posts and pages are written in markdown.
I use VS Code for all my coding / writing and Hyper / zsh for my terminal work.
If you like what I write and share or just want to show some support for an indie developer, please consider sponsoring me on GitHub ❤️.
Sometimes, I'll post affiliate links on this site. That means that if you sign up or purchase something I’ve recommended after clicking the link, I’ll make a little bit of money. The presence of an affiliate link does not increase the price you pay for an item, but in some cases it gives you a discount or bonus.
I use every product I recommend unless I’ve noted otherwise.
This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.