Speedy Chicken Tikka Masala
Roger Stringer / July 31, 2017
2 min read • 1,674 views
Chicken Tikka Masala is one of the most popular Indian dishes out there, and I love it, but I wanted to make a simpler version that was both speedy, healthy and tasty.
This dish is great when served over rice.
what you need:
- 4 teaspoons garam masala
- half teaspoon salt
- quarter teaspoon turmeric
- half cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large sweet onion, diced Onions
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 28-ounce can plum tomatoes, undrained
- one third cup whipping cream
- half cup chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
How to make it
- Stir together garam masala, salt and turmeric in a small dish.
- Place flour in a shallow dish.
- Sprinkle chicken with half a teaspoon of the spice mixture and dredge in the flour.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the chicken until browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic, onion and ginger and cook, stirring often, until starting to brown at about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the remaining spice mix and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of flour and stir until coated.
- Add tomatoes and bring to a simmer, stirring and breaking up the tomatoes with a wooden spoon.
- Cook, stirring often, until thickened and the onion is tender, should take about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in cream.
- Add the chicken to the pan.
- Bring to a simmer and cook over medium-low heat until the chicken is cooked through, around 3 to 4 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.