May 24, 2023
3 min read
What You Need
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 steak, trimmed of excess fat
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced kimchi, drained and patted dry
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 cups hot cooked white rice
- 2 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced on the bias (1/2 cup)
- Gochujang Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon gochujang paste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
How To Make It
- In small bowl, beat Gochujang Mayonnaise ingredients with whisk; set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add steak; cook 4 to 6 minutes or until deep brown on first side.
- Turn steak; reduce heat to medium, and cook 4 to 6 minutes or until cooked to desired temperature (145°F for medium-rare).
- Transfer to cutting board; let stand 5 minutes, then thinly slice. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the butter to drippings in skillet over medium heat.
- Add kimchi; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until browned on edges.
- Transfer to small bowl; cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add remaining tablespoon butter to skillet; add eggs.
- Cook 15 to 30 seconds or until edges are set; pour soy sauce over eggs, and cover pan.
- Reduce heat to low; cook 1 to 3 minutes or until yolks are set and no longer runny.
- Divide rice among 4 bowls.
- Divide vegetables evenly over rice.
- Top each bowl with one-fourth of the steak and 1 egg.
- Divide kimchi mixture evenly among bowls. Drizzle with gochujang mayonnaise.