Mexican Street Corn in a Cup
2 min read
Mexican street corn, or elote en vaso, in a cup is an easy mess-free way to go when you are craving Mexican street corn. Everything is layered nicely in a cup that can easily be carried around.
What You Need
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pound frozen corn
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha or to taste
- kosher salt to taste
- lime salt optional, to taste
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese or queso fresco, crumbled
- 1/4 cup cilantro to taste
- chili powder to taste
- 1 lime cut into wedges
How To Make It
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil and add sugar. When water is boiling, add corn and cover with lid. Simmer corn for 3-5 minutes or until corn is cooked though and tender.
- While corn in simmering, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, sriracha, Kosher salt, and lime salt in a small bowl.
- When corn is done cooking, drain well and return to pan. Allow to cool for about 3 minutes. Add sriracha-mayo mixture to the corn and until well combined.
- Divide corn into 4 individual cups.
- Top with queso fresco, cilantro, a dash of chili powder, and a lime wedge. Serve immediately.