Mediterranean Chicken Quinoa Bowl
Roger Stringer • October 24, 2016
2 min read
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 jar roasted red peppers
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake, turning once, at the 10 minute mark, for a total time of 20 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a clean cutting board and slice or shred.
- Meanwhile, place peppers, 2 tablespoons oil, garlic, paprika, and cumin in a mini food processor. Puree until fairly smooth.
- Combine quinoa, red onion and the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a medium bowl.
- To serve, divide the quinoa mixture among 4 bowls and top with equal amounts of cucumber, chicken and the red pepper sauce.
- Sprinkle with feta and parsley.
Tagged in: #Food
Like this blog post? Share it on twitter!