Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken
February 09, 2023
3 min read
What You Need
- 1 tablespoon sun dried tomato oil from the jar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds (900 grams) chicken breasts skinless and boneless
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup parmesan
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
How To Make It
- On the Instant Pot choose the SAUTE setting. Heat the oil and melt the butter.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and cook the first side for 2-3 minutes until golden (adjust heat if browning too fast), then flip and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add minced garlic to the pot, and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add chicken/vegetable stock and deglaze the pot by removing any bits stuck to the bottom of the pot, these bits contain a lot of flavor that will enrich the cream sauce. This step is also important to avoid getting the BURN message.
- Season with Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and chili flakes.
- Secure the lid and set the vent to SEALING. Select the PRESSURE COOK/MANUAL setting and set the cooking time for 5 minutes at high pressure/8 minutes if using bone-in chicken thighs.
- The Instant Pot will take around 6-7 minutes to come to pressure and start cooking. When the cooking program ends, quickly release the steam.
- Carefully remove the lid, take the chicken out of the pot onto a plate and set aside.
- Choose the SAUTE setting, stir in the heavy cream and the freshly grated parmesan.
- Add chopped sundried tomatoes, and spinach leaves to the pot. Switch off the SAUTE setting, and allow the spinach leaves to wilt.
- Put the chicken back in, and spoon the cream sauce over it. Serve over buttered pasta or rice with extra grated parmesan cheese.