Instant Pot Turkey breast
It’s thanksgiving, which means turkey time.
I usually buy butterball boneless turkey breasts to make since I like getting more meat out of my turkey, and these are all meat and no bones (hence the name)
Cooking one with an instant pot is actually pretty quick, and tasty.
What you need:
- 1 Butterball Turkey Breast Roast
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp poultry seasoning
- 2 tbsp butter, cut into slices
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 Turkey gravy packets
How to make it:
- Remove the packaging from the turkey.
- Add the butter and oil to the instant pot and set on high saute mode.
- Once the instant pot reaches temperature, add the turkey and sear it from all sides, this should take about 5 – 8 minutes.
- Remove the turkey from the pot.
- Place the onion, garlic and chicken broth in the bottom of the pot.
- Add the trivet and place the turkey on top of it.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice, seasoning, and paprika on the turkey evenly.
- Close the lid to the and set the valve to sealing.
- Then use manual mode on high pressure and adjust the time to 45 minutes and let cook. (this is based on 1 minute per ounce)
- Once cooking is done, natural release for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove the roast, and add both gravy mixes.
- Turn the pot back to the saute setting and whisk continuously until it comes to a boil and then about 3-5 additional minutes until it thickens.
- Turn the instant pot off and remove the gravy from the heat. The gravy will continue to thicken as it cools as well.
- Cut off the netting from the turkey breast and place on a platter to carve.