Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya (Instant Pot Style)
Roger Stringer • September 10, 2018
2 min read
I haven’t posted a good recipe in a while, so decided to post this one. It’s a dish I enjoy making in the Instant Pot.
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 12 ounces chorizo sausages cut into 1/4 in. thick slices
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into small pieces
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 green onions , chopped
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasonings
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Salt to taste
- Turn instant pot to saute setting and add oil.
- Add sausage slices, cooking until browned, about 2-3 minutes per side. then move them to a paper towel–lined plate.
- Add the chicken and cook for one minute.
- Add onion, bell peppers, and garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add the Cajun seasoning, dried basil, thyme, and rice and stir to combine.
- Add sausages back in.
- Add the diced tomatoes and their juices, chicken stock, and salt.
- Lock the instant pot lid in place and cook on Manual High Pressure for 5 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, allow the pressure to naturally release
- Carefully open the lid and gently fluff the rice with a fork.
- Stir lightly and enjoy!
Tagged in: #Food
Like this blog post? Share it on twitter!