Beef and Broccoli
August 11, 2022
2 min read
Beef and broccoli is always a popular dish, and for good reason. Juicy steak plus crunchy broccoli is a match made in heaven.
What You Need
- 1/3 cup oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/3 cup sherry
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3/4 pound beef flank steak, sliced into 1/8-inch thick cuts
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, more if needed
- 1 thin slice of fresh ginger root
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 pound broccoli, sliced into florets
How To Make It
- In a bowl, combine oyster sauce, sesame oil, sherry, soy sauce, sugar, and cornstarch until sugar and cornstarch are dissolved.
- Place steak pieces in a large, shallow bowl. Pour over the oyster sauce mixture and coat steak pieces completely. Refrigerate to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Add vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic and stir. Allow them to sizzle in the hot oil to flavor it, about 1 minute. Remove and discard ginger and garlic.
- Add the broccoli and stir until vibrant green and slightly tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Take the broccoli out and set it aside.
- Add more oil into the wok if needed. Add the beef and marinade. Stir until the meat has browned, and the sauce is reduced into a glaze, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked broccoli. Stir meat and broccoli until heated through, about 3 minutes.