This tasty recipe was posted on here before, and got accidentally deleted when I did the jekyll migration last year. Since then, I’ve had people asking for the recipe again, so I am putting it back here now. 🙂
Avocados are great as they are flexible and can fit into any type of dishs. This dip takes avocados in a new way, and uses the other ingredients to give you a rich balanced dip.
What you need:
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (pick your favourite hot sauce there is no wrong choice here)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
How to make it:
- Cut all around the ripe avocados down to the pit. Twist and separate the halved fruit. Remove the pit with a spoon, then scoop the flesh with a spoon into your food processor bowl.
- Add the zest and juice of 1 lemon to the food processor.
- Chop garlic on your board and mash with 1 teaspoon salt to paste the garlic. Add garlic paste and the red wine vinegar to the food processor.
- Place lid on the food processor and turn it on.
- While the blade is spinning, stream in extra-virgin olive oil and add hot sauce.
- Stop processor, taste dressing and adjust seasonings