When you want a nice zesty sauce but don’t want the usual salsa or pesto, this tasty Tomatillo and Petter sauce is great.
What you need
- 1 pound tomatillos, husked, washed and halved
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 jalapeno peppers
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 onion, cut into quarters
- salt and pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 small bunch fresh cilantro, leaves only
- 1 small bunch fresh dill
- Zest and juice of 1 1/2 limes
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread the tomatillos, garlic, jalapenos, bell pepper and onion on a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss everything to coat.
- Roast until the vegetables are soft, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes.
- Remove the seeds from the peppers. Put all of the roasted vegetables and the cilantro and dill into a food processor or blender.
- Process until still a bit chunky.
- Thin with some water if it is too thick.
- Stir in the lime zest and juice.
- Let cool completely.