Chili-lime chicken, beans, spaghetti squash and cheese… This is a tasty combination that we love to make.
What you need
- 1 (3-ounce) cooked Chicken Breast, cut into chunks
- 1 medium Spaghetti Squash (about 4 cups cooked)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 cup Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh Salsa
- 3 tablespoons fresh Coriander, chopped
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Sea Salt & Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Chili Flakes, optional
How you make it
- Preheat your oven to 425°F and line your baking sheet with parchment.
- Cut the squash in half, rub with inside with olive oil and sprinkle sea salt & pepper. Place face down on the baking sheet & bake for about 25-30 minutes. The edges on the inside should be a bit browned and shreds should form easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, toss the chili flakes with the cheeses and stir the fresh coriander into the salsa.
- When the squash is ready, take it out and let it stand for 5 minutes. Turn the oven to the broiler setting. Fully shred the squash, leaving the shell intact. You will be stuffing it!
- Transfer the spaghetti squash to a mixing bowl. Stir in the salsa, followed by the beans and chicken. Split the mixture in half and stuff each squash shell. Top with the shredded cheese.
- Place them back on the same baking sheet & broil until bubbly and browned. About 3-4 minutes.