Kale is an interesting food, some people like it plain, others like it cooked with flavour.
My wife recently decided to try Kale for the first time, and gave me the job of finding a recipe that she’ll like.. This is the one:
What You Need
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds young kale, stems and leaves coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
How To Make It
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and onion and cook until soft, but not colored.
- Raise heat to high, add the stock and kale and toss to combine.
- Add paprika and red pepper flakes.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover and continue to cook, stirring until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and add vinegar.
Filed Under: Food