This recipe is a handy farmers market salad. Just about all of the ingredients are available at any farmers market, which my daughter and I go to every Saturday.
What you need
- 3/4 cup / 6 oz / 170 g plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 handful arugula, chopped
- 1 small bunch chives, minced
- 8 oz mung bean sprouts (or equiv. cooked mung beans), about 2 cups
- a big handful of well-toasted, sliced almonds
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- good extra virgin olive oil
How to make it
- In a small bowl combine the yogurt, salt, arugula, and chives.
- In a larger bowl toss the mung beans and almonds with a splash of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Add the avocado, and gently toss once or twice more.
- Serve the mung beans next to the yogurt mixture and drizzle with a bit more olive oil. If you had a few chive flowers in your bunch, sprinkle them across the top.
You can also use lentils instead of mung bean sprouts, if there are none available.
Filed Under: Food