I spent some time working on the best way to make a Paleo-friendly pizza, and after some trial and error managed to combine a few online recipes into one that we liked.
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 cup of your favourite organic marinara sauce
- 1 lb Italian pork sausage nitrate free
- 2 crook neck yellow summer squash diced
- 3 green onions chopped
- Handful of torn basil leaves
- 2 small tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers diced
- Handful of sliced black olives
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Using a spoon mix all crust ingredients together until it becomes very thick.
- Using your hands, form the dough into a ball.
- Lightly grease a pizza pan or a cookie sheet with olive oil.
- Place the ball of dough in the center of your cookie sheet or pizza pan and using your hands, push and pat the dough down into the shape of a circle (or an oval in my case ).
- You want to make the dough as thin as possible.
- Your pizza will be about 12 inches across.
- Bake JUST the crust in your pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
- While your crust is cooking, prepare your toppings.
- If you use sausage like we did, this is when you should crumble it into a large saute pan and brown.
- After the crust if done, remove from the oven and evenly spread the marinara sauce over the crust.
- Add the sausage and all remaining toppings evenly over the sauce and bake again for an additional 25-30 minutes.
- Get creative and use whatever toppings you might like ours was great but I also suggest trying chicken, artichoke hearts, and even broccoli!!
- Go wild with it and enjoy!
Filed Under: Food