- 3 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- few drops of oil of cinnamon or oil of peppermint
- food coloring (your choice of color)
- Combine sugar, corn syrup and water in large saucepan.
- Cook on medium heat until sugar dissolves; stirring constantly.
- Stop stirring once sugar dissolves.
- Insert candy thermometer and bring to a boil until temperature reaches 310 degrees.
- Remove from heat, stir in oil and food coloring (to desired shade).
- Pour onto cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil and powdered sugar.
- Let cool completely, break and enjoy!
Filed Under: Food