This quick and easy to make Turkey Club salad is a fine treat for the family. With our house Avacado dressing, this salad becomes something will get requested often.
Our Avacado dressing can also be used as a chip dip or as a sandwich spread.
Preperation Time: 15 min
Total Time: 15 min
Makes: 4 servings.
- Salad Ingredients:
- 12 slices microwave ready sliced bacon (recommended: Ready Crisp bacon)
- 3 hearts romaine lettuce
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds thick sliced deli roast turkey breast
- Dressing Ingredients:
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (recommended: Frank’s Red Hot Sauce)
- Cut all around the ripe avocados down to the pit. Twist and separate the halved fruit. Remove the pit with a spoon, then scoop the flesh with a spoon into your food processor bowl.
- Add the zest and juice of 1 lemon to the food processor.
- Chop garlic on your board and mash with 1 teaspoon salt to paste the garlic. Add garlic paste and the red wine vinegar to the food processor.
- Place lid on the food processor and turn it on.
- While the blade is spinning, stream in extra-virgin olive oil and add hot sauce.
- Stop processor, taste dressing and adjust seasonings.
- Crisp the bacon in microwave according to package directions. Remove from microwave and chop.
- Chop romaine lettuce and arrange on large platter.
- Arrange the tomatoes and chopped red onion on top of that.
- Season the salad vegetables with salt and pepper, to your taste. Scatter chopped bacon onto salad.
- Slice the turkey into 1/2-inch strips. Arrange the sliced turkey down the center of the salad platter.
- Pour dressing back and forth over the platter evenly when you are ready to serve this simple and so-cool salad meal.